EnergoBit ESCO is investing 2.2 million Euros in a biogas plant

EnergoBit ESCO will build a facility designed to convert the biogas obtained from the anaerobic fermentation of organic animal and vegetal waste into electricity and thermal energy.

With an installed power of 0.5 MW, the new co-generation plant will operate at high-efficiency parameters, because it will use the entire production of thermal energy to meet the plant’s internal requirements. Any existing surplus will be sold to Carniprod.

The biogas production technology has been imported from the Netherlands and the co-generation motor was manufactured by General Electric Jenbacher.

To erect the biogas plant, EnergoBit ESCO will partner up with Carniprod Tulcea, a company which last year alone dealt over 20 million Euros on the meat market. Present since 1993, Carniprod Tulcea is an important pork meat processor in the Dobrogea area and currently has its own zoo-technical complex, where it breeds over 35,000 pigs per year. The partnership between EnergoBit ESCO and Carniprod Tulcea is set to last 13 years.

The project is scheduled for commissioning next September and has been estimated at 2.2 million Euros, with an amortisation period of 8 to 10 years. For the Tulcea Project, the two companies incorporated an SPV – Biocarnic ESCO – with EnergoBit ESCO holding 80% of its capital and Carniprod holding the other 20% of its shares.

At the same time, EnergoBit ESCO has carried out this year the modernisation and rehabilitation works for the public lighting system in Turda, a project devised to cut the energy consumption by 45%. Under the 8-year long contract with the City of Turda, the company supplied 2,500 lighting fixtures and a tele-management system designed to manage, control and monitor the lighting system. These were supplied by EnergoBit Schréder.

Starting with December 2013, EnergoBit ESCO will further carry out the modernisation works for the indoor lighting system at the Global Finance Building, in Bucharest, using LED technology. Approximately 1,500 fixtures will be upgraded, thus generating energy savings of 60%.

Interested in a discussion?

Contact us